The Michigan Family Physician of the Year award is presented annually to a member physician who exemplifies the traditions and values of the Family Medicine profession, and clearly demonstrates the desire to contribute to the continuing health of Michigan residents.
MAFP members, representatives of medical organizations, and the public may submit nominations for this award to MAFP by March 1, 2016. The award will be presented at the Michigan Family Medicine Annual Conference & Expo (for more information about the 2016 Annual Conference & Expo taking place July 11-14 in Bay City, see upcoming events).
The nominee for this award must be an active MAFP member in good standing, who spends at least 50% of his/her time providing patient care and is a Michigan resident. All previously nominated physicians who were not selected are eligible for reconsideration; however, this does require re-nomination.
To Submit a Nomination
- Complete an individual nomination form by March 1, 2016, for each nominee and each award.
- Submit* to MAFP by March 1, 2016, the following supporting materials:
- A letter of recommendation from a patient in support of the nomination
- A letter of recommendation from a physician colleague or hospital administrator of the nominee in support of the nomination
- A letter of recommendation from a community leader, which showcases the nominee’s participation in community initiatives
- An up-to-date copy of the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Any additional supporting materials that the nominator feels will help in the decision-making process
*To submit supporting materials to MAFP, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 517.347.1289; or mail to: MAFP, Attn: Academy Awards, 2164 Commons Parkway, Okemos, MI 48864.
Past Award Winners
Wasim Rathur, MD (Bloomfield Hills)
Mary Rupp, MD (Brighton)
Zahid Sheikh, MD (Bloomfield Hills)
Stefani A. Hudson, MD (Ypsilanti)
Donald Fitch, MD (Escanaba)
Mitch Karey, MD (East Jordan)